Originally recorded on February 23, 2022.
Provide an objective analysis of the biggest trends and market forces impacting hospital and health system strategy
In this year's research, we examine the most important strategic questions facing health care leaders as we emerge from the acute phase of the Covid-19 pandemic. We'll discuss major shifts in influence, purchasing trends, and health policy in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic and start of the Biden presidency. We'll also explore which structural elements of the health care industry remain in flux-and what steps leaders can take to inflect the direction and pace of change.
The presentation around healthcare is designed to be of interest to anyone in the healthcare industry - practitioners, operators, insurers, community based organizations, etc. Our content is always targeted to individuals in:
- Providers/Payers/Healthcare Organizations
- Healthcare Education
After attending this session, participants will be able to:
• Understand how the pandemic has (and hasn't) shifted the dynamics of influence and power across the health care industry-not only between industry sectors but also within them.
• Identify what the combined forces of the pandemic, Biden administration, and Democrats' narrow majority in Congress mean for the future of the health care purchasing landscape.
• Understand which structural elements of the industry are in flux during the peri-Covid-19 era, especially the future of telehealth, home-based care, value-based care, transparency, physician partnership, and health equity.
• Plan actionable steps to shape the trajectory of the major structural shifts underway right now.
Rae Woods, Expert Partner
Rachel (Rae) Woods has been leading and advising on research
studies at Advisory Board since 2014, and she brings deep health
care knowledge, strategic insight, and operational expertise to her
hands-on work with executives and frontline providers. Rae is also
the host of Advisory Board’s five star-rated podcast, Radio Advisory,
and has become a well-known voice and advisor to thousands of health
care leaders. Each week, she talks with health care experts like Zeke
Emanuel and Marc Harrison to make sense of what’s happening in health
care and offer recommendations on what to do next.
Participation in this webinar may earn you 1 ACHE Continuing Education Credit (CEU).
Thank you to our Sponsor:
You must be a Women in Healthcare Member and logged in to view this content.